Susquehanna Stage Co. is proud to announce auditions for its production of ‘The Robber Bridegroom’!
Stage Director: Jim Johnson
Music Director: Nick Werner
Choreographer: Melissa Goodling
Set and Lighting Design: Tyler Hoffman
Costume Design: Jacquee Johnson
Auditions will take place on Sunday January 28, 1:00-4:00pm and Monday January 29, 7:00-9:00pm by appointment. If needed, callbacks will be held Wednesday January 31, 7:00pm.
A dance call and callbacks will be held by invitation.
If interested in auditioning and cannot attend the auditions, please submit your headshot and resume for consideration along with your audition availability between now and January 30th.
For auditions, please prepare one 32-measure song in the style of the show (Country-Western, Bluegrass, Musical-Theatre Pop).
All roles are open to non-equity performers.
Auditions & callbacks will take place at the Susquehanna Stage Co., located at 264 W. Market St. in Marietta PA.
Rehearsals will begin the week of February 4, and will be held 4 evenings a week between
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) from 7:00p-9:30p.
There will be eleven performances of ‘The Robber Bridegroom’ from April 6-April 22, 2018.
To be considered for an audition appointment, please register at:
We look forward to hearing from you!!!
'The Robber Bridegroom' Character Descriptions
There are some non-dancing and non-singing roles, but everyone will sing and dance at auditions.
A rousing, bawdy Southern fairytale from the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Driving Miss Daisy! The score, by Robert Waldman, is meant to be played by a small band on stage - and it's one of the only genuine bluegrass scores ever heard in a Broadway musical. Since opening on Broadway in 1975, The Robber Bridegroom has gone on to become a regional favorite.
Set in eighteenth century Mississippi, the show follows Jamie Lockhart, a rascally robber of the woods, as he courts Rosamund, the only daughter of the richest planter in the country. The proceedings go awry, however, thanks to a case of double-mistaken identity. Throw in an evil stepmother intent on Rosamund's demise, her pea-brained henchman and a hostile talking head-in-a-trunk, and you have a rollicking country romp.
Told in "story theatre" fashion with nine principal actors on a unit set, The Robber Bridegroom is extremely flexible in its staging and production possibilities. With its distinct sound, colorful cast, and unique form of storytelling, The Robber Bridegroom is a hidden gem!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A DIVERSE CAST
* Jamie Lockhart – gentleman robber. Very Charming. Age Range 20s to 30s.
* Clemment Musgrove – wealthy planter, father of Rosamund. Age Range 50s
* Salome – Musgrove’s second wife; unpleasant, strong willed. Age Range 40s – 50s
* Rosamund – beautiful, if willful, daughter; naïve and trusting. Age Range 20s
* Little Harp – not very bright robber, foe of Jamie. Age Range 20s – 30s
* Big Harp – the head of Little Harp’s older brother, brains of their thievery. Age Range 30s
* Goat – a simpleton boy. Age Range 20s to 30s
* Goat’s Mother – too many ugly children on her hands. Age Range 40s to 60s
* Airie – Goat’s sister, also none too bright. Age Range 20s to 30s
* Raven – Enigmatic, watchful bird (not gender specific). Age Range 20s to 30s
* Ensemble – Residents of Rodney who sing, dance and set the scene. Various ages.